An image processing system with the ultimate camera selection
The interchangeable camera module type controller makes it easy to incorporate a line scan camera system that traditionally could only be done with complex, specialised machinery.
• Compatibility issues are eliminated since all the hardware
is from the same manufacturer
• Simple connection of the camera to the controller allowing the user to obtain images quickly
• Robust solid state hardware design
• Minimal programming knowledge required
• Compatibility issues arise due to connecting multiple
devices from different manufacturers
• A great amount of time and effort is needed in order to capture good images
• Concerns with freezing or crashes due to the PC-based design
• Specialised programming knowledge is typically necessary
Simple camera connection and setting allows for quick image generation
The camera is ready to capture images as soon as it is connected to the controller. This eliminates the work hours that are typically consumed with setting up image capturing on a conventional line scan camera.
All parameters related to image capture are located in the Image
Capture Unit of the XG program.
The detailed settings are configured in a straight-forward, top to bottom order.
Adjust the focus and aperture of the lens utlising the LED
indicators located on the back of the camera for reference.
Misalignment of the light mounting position or workpiece position
can cause uneven lighting in the captured image. Using the
intensity waveform that has been generated in the waveform viewer
as reference, correction can be performed before the image data is
transferred to the controller.